Many people have Overweight (Obesity) problem especially in USA.
According to CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), 34% (2007-2008) of adults (20 years old and over) are obese.
You are Overweight when your BMI (body mass index) is 25 or higher.
You are Obese when your BMI is 30 or higher. You don’t know your BMI? You can find out by using BMI calculator on right side of this page.
If you are overweight (obese), you are at risk of getting following diseases.
- Coronary heart disease
- Type 2 diabetes
- Cancers (endometrial, breast, and colon)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Dyslipidemia (for example, high total cholesterol or high levels of triglycerides)
- Liver and Gallbladder disease
- Sleep apnea and respiratory problems
- Osteoarthritis (a degeneration of cartilage and its underlying bone within a joint)
- Gynecological problems (abnormal menses, infertility)
To help you lose your weight, there are many products and exercise equipments. Most popular and important equipment is Cardio Exercise Equipment as experts recommend Cardio exercise over anything else. Stationary Bike and Treadmill are such equipments.
So, do you need them? Are those must have exercise equipments?
You can start cardio exercises just by start walking and you don’t need any equipment. Nothing wrong with walking your dog at your favorite park or trails.
But, 10 minutes on Stationary bike may give you same result as 30 minutes of walking.
Exercise equipments are developed to produce maximum result with least effort in quickest time. You should consider using exercise equipment if you want best result for your effort.
However, these Cardio exercise equipments are not cheap. Don’t buy them just because it seems like good idea. You would be basically wasting your hard earned money if you don’t use them regularly.