Quiche ala Mode
1/2 lb chopped ham
1 c shredded cheddar
1 c shredded mozzarella
1/2 c heavy cream
1/2 c water
3/4 cup chopped broccoli
salt, pepper, dill, dry mustard to taste
- Sprinkle cheeses in large quiche or pie pan, lightly sprayed with PAM.
- Put ham and well drained spinach over cheese.
- Beat remaining ingredients and pour over top.
- Bake in pre-heated 350°F oven 30 min.
Serves 4 @ 3 carbs
You can substitute any veggie – the original called for spinach, but I think it’s such a pain draining it!
Deep Dish Quiche Pizza
4 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/3c heavy cream
1/2 t oregano
2 cups shredded Italian cheese (mozzarella, romano, parm mix – or your choice)
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella
20 slices pepperoni
- Beat cream cheese & eggs until smooth.
- Add cream, Parmesan and spice.
- Spray 13 x 9″ baking pan with PAM.
- Put 2 cups pizza cheese in dish and pour egg mixture over.
- “Squish” around to mix.
- Bake at 375 for 30-40 min until well browned.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- When you’re ready to eat, spread on pizza sauce, sprinkle on mozzarella, and layer with pepperoni (or any toppings you choose).
- Bake about 10 min in 375 oven until toppings bubbly and brown.
W/O Topping: 4 @ 4 carb
With above toppings: 4 @ 6 carb
This was exceptional! I turned on the broiler for the last few minutes to get the top done the way I like it. Can use any pizza toppings you like, but add the carbs.
3 cups spaghetti squash
1 beaten egg
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup ricotta
1 beaten egg
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
2 cups tomato sauce
garlic powder, oregano, basil, parsley
1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix squash, 1 egg and Parmesan.
- Press evenly into 9″ pie plate.
- Mix ricotta and other egg and spread over squash mixture.
- In skillet, brown ground beef with onion and green pepper.
- Drain excess fat.
- Add tomato sauce and spices and simmer for few minutes.
- Spoon over ricotta mixture in pie plate.
- Bake approx. 15 min.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and make 10 min. more to brown cheese.
- Remove from oven and let sit 5-10 min before cutting.
Serves 6 @ 11 carb.
Don’t get turned off by the list of ingredients! This is really easy. I cooked the spaghetti squash on the weekend and put in the fridge in a container. I always have some browned ground beef in the freezer, so this didn’t take much time to assemble. (To cook spaghetti squash, pierce with fork, then put in the microwave for 15 min. Let cool a little, cut in half, scoop out seeds and run fork over the squash – it will separate into spaghetti-type strands).