Thumb print Cookies
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup any flavor fruit jam or pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Grease 2 cookie sheets, or line with foil and grease for easy cleanups.
- Separate the egg and keep the white, placing it in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and egg yolk.
- Add the vanilla, flour and salt, mixing well.
- Shape the dough into small balls.
- Whisk the egg white.
- Roll the balls in the egg white.
- Place the balls on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven.
- Using your thumb or the back of a small spoon, make a dent in the center of each cookie.
- Put the jelly or preserves into each indentation.
- Bake for another 8 minutes, or until the cookies reach your desired firmness.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minute so no one burns their mouths on the hot fruit.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies, with a carb count of 90 plus the carb count of the jam adding up to the net cabs for the entire recipe.