Lotus-The classic yoga pose. Note the position of the feet compared with Easy pose. Both feet are resting on the tops of the opposite thighs.
Warrior I and II
Keep up the good work and you should have rock-solid abs in no time.
According to the World Health Organization’s most recent Fact Sheet on this topic:
- Headache disorders are among the most common disorders of the nervous system.
- It has been estimated that 47% of the adult population have had a headache at least once within the last year.
- Migraine is the 8th most disabling illness in the world.
- Headache disorders are associated with personal and societal burdens of pain, disability, damaged quality of life and financial cost.
- A minority of people with headache disorders worldwide are diagnosed appropriately by a health-care provider.
- Headache has been underestimated, under-recognized and under-treated throughout the world.
According to the National Headache Foundation:
- Nearly 1 in 4 U.S. households includes someone with migraine.
- More than 12% of the population – including children – suffers from migraine, which is more than diabetes and asthma combined.
- About 18% of American women and 6% of men suffer from migraine.
- Migraine is most common during the peak productive years, between the ages of 25 and 55.
- Every 10 seconds, someone in the United States goes to the emergency room with a headache or migraine.
- 14 million people or about 4% have chronic daily headache, defines as attacks that occur at least 15 days per month.
- More than 90% of sufferers are unable to work or function normally during their migraine.
The best way to deal with migraine is through prevention. These poses can help.
- Big Toe
- Downward Dog
- Seated Forward Bend
- Standing Forward Bend
- Standing Wide-Legged Forward Bend
As you can see, these are all poses you have already learned in relation to other health issues, so these can be termed Ôsuper poses’ that serve more than one purpose and should be part of most people’s overall workout. Having said that, in relation to migraine, there are a few poses best avoided.
Your own yoga practice can be finely tuned to meet all your needs if you keep journaling and add or subtract poses you would like to do in relation to your individual health issues.